FIRE! (and Solar Panel Test, Gondola Moving)

While disconnecting the batteries yesterday, Mark shorted the terminals with an allen key. The allen key got part melted and the bolt stuck onto the end. Then the battery cables caught fire and broke the circuit. Tristan was up above at the time, and got a good fright. Nick was nearby and pretty quick about stamping out burning bits of wire. Mark burnt his finger, but otherwise everybody was unharmed. Everything was over in less than 20 seconds, and the timelapse camera caught only two images.

As far as regular business goes: the solar panels saw their first light yesterday—as Jamil tested them—and the gondola was moved to the south half of the highbay. This was it can look 100m down the road for beam maps/focus tests.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>