Not a Launch (Take One)

Yesterday we came in to a weather forecast of “Legitimate Marginal”. This means there could very well be a launch opportunity, but the conditions probably wouldn’t get perfect—just acceptable. In the spectrum of marginality, this is a fairly positive forecast.

So, we showed up in the morning, went through our pre-flight checklist up until being picked up by The Boss. Then, we had to wait for the surface winds to go down. The low-levels were great all day, but the surface winds never cooperated. Just before 5pm, after having idled all afternoon, we officially scrubbed.

We waited extra long because the forecast was to get worse over Christmas. This morning we have already been scrubbed for today and tomorrow. Having Christmas off is small consolation.


The weather, in the morning of our “Legitimate Marginal” day

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>